Recently one of my students asked a great question: We have a product we want to sell online – and we need to make money fast. We already have a domain name.
What should I do in the next 10 days?
Here are some ideas:
- Take *good* photographs of your product. The picture will allow you to charge more, so get a great digital camera and take those pictures.
- Write a good short sales letter that paints the story of the product–your reason behind creating it, benefits to the reader, vivid pictures of what it will mean to the buyer, etc.
- Set up a PayPal account and arrange to take payment.
- Start lining up partners who will do an email for you. Find people who already send an email newsletter to your potential customer.
- Plan to send sample products to the partners you want to work with. That will get their attention and you can seal the deal via email.
- Set up your site on a template- driven site. It’s something you can do yourself with no programming knowledge. You can choose a template so you have no design costs. It generally includes hosting, so you have no additional hosting costs. You can upload your own photos.
- You’ll need a technical person on call in order to connect your web page and PayPal—or at least someone who has a little background in doing this. It’s faster than doing it yourself.
- Use this site for just this one project. Don’t try to do too many things with it.
- Look around for other sites with similar ideas—selling the same type of product. Then handle yours approximately the same way.
- Prepare an email for your partners to send to their lists and get it to them a few days before their newsletter goes out. That means you need to get this ready now!
That’s a quick 10-day plan. Get started right away and plan to start seeing sales in a little over a week.