If you are in business now, I’m sure you are well aware of how important your online presence is to the success of your business. What you may not have considered is the importance of video in your overall marketing. Consumers want to see video. Not just from their favorite YouTube vloggers, but also from businesses. And not just big corporations with big advertising budgets, but also local businesses.
In this article, I will explain 10 reasons why video marketing is critical for your local business.
- Video can capture the true essence of your business. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth, well.. a million. Illuminate the customer experience through video and show your customers what it will feel like doing business with you.
- Video is great for storytelling. There is a story behind every local business and business owner. Sharing your journey through video will give customers something they can relate to and connect with you on a deeper level.
- Video is great for illustrating and emphasizing your USP (Unique Selling Point). Let your customers SEE what sets you apart from your competition. What makes you special? Show them why they should choose you.
- Search engines LOVE video. Did you know you can rank on the first page of the most popular search engines without a website, utilizing optimized video? Websites containing video can also rank higher, organically. This means the search engines place your videos higher in results because you have made the video most relevant to that search.
- Video has a high ROI (return on investment). Uploading video to YouTube is free. Optimizing it to rank high on search engines is an investment that will always bring new customers. You upload it once and it is there to present and bring awareness to your company forever, without paid ads.
- Video is the most effective form of content for explaining, demonstrating, reviewing, creating how-tos, and giving testimonials. For obvious reasons, video is more impact-ful over images and text alone.
- Video influences buyer decisions. Here are just a few statistics to emphasize this: A video on your landing page can increase your conversion rate by over 80%. Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139%. Lastly, 90% of customers say videos help them make buying decisions.
- Video is best for information retention. People are generally more visual, so video is the easiest to digest out of all forms of content. Video is much more stimulating and can create that much more emotional response than text and images alone. 95% of a message is retained when seen in a video.
- 9 Social media loves video. Videos generate twelve times more shares on social media than text and images combined. Not only do consumers on social media prefer video, but video creates the most engagement. Social media platforms will place higher importance on video posts, when prioritizing news feed content.
- Video marketing is now. As video continues to dominate all marketing platforms and channels online, there is no sign of this slowing down. In 2020, it is estimated that 80% of all digital traffic will be video content. Is your business positioned to capitalize on this trend?
Effective video marketing for your local business can grab your customers attention and keep them engaged. Video is not only what your customers want from your brand, it is what your business needs to stay relevant in this dynamic dig-ital age. Videos presenting your local business are the most efficient way to win fans and create a loyal following.
And there you have it! Ten reasons why video marketing is critical for your local business.