In recent article, I talked about the “Power Of Pre- framing.” I stated that I targeted my ads and then pre-framed the prospects.
The “opt-in page” is the next step in the pre-framing process.
I’ll interchange the terms “opt-in” and “landing” page here. They are very similar but, in my opinion, there are some differences.
An opt-in page asks for your name and email address. An opt-in page will typically have a video or PowerPoint with an opt-in box on the right with an arrow pointing to it.
A landing page, as I define it, will have a video, some bullet points and a big button that will continue to the next page or wherever you want to send the reader. It does NOT collect the name and email address.
While I use the terms interchangeably, when I mention “landing page” it just means we’re NOT collecting names and email addresses.
Let’s break the pre-framing system down to some basic steps:
- First contact (where I first pre-frame them)
- Opt-in/landing page (I cover this step here)
- Sales letter (where everything is brought together)
- Follow up (the back up plan)
Each step is vital.
This article focuses on the opt-in page for my 30X system.
You may be thinking we need to create multiple videos and have a complicated set of steps to take…don’t worry, we’re going to keep it simple.
Let’s look at the elements of the average opt-in page.
- You want your logo, whatever it looks like, at the top of the page.
- Next, whatever normal navigation like your home button, about, contact, all that stuff would be at the top of the page, because that’s what Google wants, and we don’t want to get penalized.
- Then links to legal documents at the bottom of the page.
- Then a video of some sort on the page.
This video could be a live person, meaning I could be in the video saying… “Hi, my name is Armand Morin, fill in your name and email address,” etc…but, for the vast majority of people the easiest way to create a video is going to be a PowerPoint type video. That’s what I suggest because it’s very easy and simple.
- On the right hand side would be our title, something like fill in your first name, some text and a box with a button saying “submit” or “claim this now”… with an arrow. (Autoresponder method)
- Your amazing headline would be here, as well.
These are all the different elements. It’s simple and not complicated in any way shape or form, but this is what the opt-in page would look like.