Do you know that, in order to keep your website cur- rent, it is important to be making a change or adding new content every 21 days? Most business people set up a website… and then they do not look at it again for months—if not years.
Not being able to easily make changes to my own website was one of the cat- alysts to starting YellowSchmello. We believe everyone should be able to go onto their website and make changes or add content. That is why (there are many other reasons… but self reliance is high on the list) YellowSchmello recommends businesses develop their websites in WordPress.
A few facts about WordPress:
- Currently there are over 75 million WordPress sites on the internet
- Over 403 million people view more than 12.9 billion pages each month
- Big companies that use WordPress include The New York Times, The NFL, Ford, eBay, CNN and Forbes
- 22 of every 100 domains created in the U.S. are running WordPress
- Of the top million website sites with a CMS distribution, over 55% are developed in WordPress (followed by Joomla and then Dupal)
If your website was created using WordPress and you want to learn more, or you have been thinking about upgrading or changing your website… listen up. Armand Morin has just finished his WebCamp on WordPress. You have access to the replay in the Marketing Universe community.
When you watch this WebCamp, be sure to pay extra attention to permalinks. If you are going to invest the time to add compelling content to your website, making sure you are providing “road maps” for the search engines is paramount. It is just as important optimize your site and content as it is to build it.
If you are looking for support in building a WordPress site or making changes to your site I hope you will think of YellowSchmello and give us a call or drop us an email.