Videos are a great way to show off your product, talk about your services or provide information that would take longer for someone to sit down and read about whatever you are trying to promote or sell.
Did you know that YouTube reaches millions of unique visitors every day? According to Nielsen, in the United States more adults 18–34 watch You- Tube more than cable television. And over 100 million people take action every week when they watch a video on YouTube.
Nielsen also claims 64% of marketers expect video to dominate their strategies in the near future.
Many marketers underestimate the power of the second-largest search engine on the Internet. With a little bit of knowledge, you can use You- Tube videos to drive traffic to your website. You may be asking, so what can YouTube or videos really do for my business?
- Leverage your YouTube channel to build your brand
- Create original content that will increase your SEO value
- Develop ads on YouTube that can generate leads
- Become the face of your business or a known expert online
- Optimize your videos to increase your SEO for specific keywords
- Provide back links to your website
- Allow comments and reviews
With online video quickly becoming a key tool for people to satisfy their information and entertainment needs, small businesses that fail to include it in their internet marketing strategies will do so at their peril.
As with many of the marketing channels on the Internet you will find some pitfalls with YouTube. What can you do to not look like an ad or be spammy? How do you optimize a video to create better exposure?