Here’s A Step By Step Guide To Your First Product
1. Decide on the topic for your product.
It’s probably something you wish you had had when you first started in your current area of expertise.
2. Break the topic down into three parts.
These three parts should be approximately the same size. And they are likely sequential i.e. steps 1, 2, and 3.
3. Choose the easiest way for you to communicate in writing or in speech.
If in writing, then write the instructions for topic one. Then write on topic two. And write on topic three.
The idea is for you to use the same production mode to create the three parts to your product. So your written product will most likely be three reports, one for each step in the sequence.
On the other hand if you prefer to talk, then you’ll want to record your audio. You can use a microphone and audio recording program as one option. Or you can call a free conference line and record it that way. Either way will work.
4. Whichever way you did not choose to start with, use that one now as you produce exactly the same three steps, but with this new production method.
So if you wrote your first version of the product, this time record it. And vice versa.
5. Finally, put the content onto slides and record a video of you talking about the content as you show the slides.
You can either re-record it, or you can use the same audio you recorded the first time and just add the slides to the video.
You now have a finished product in three parts, in three different formats. Not only are you able to meet the needs of your audience, but you’ve also learned three production modes.
Most importantly when you repeat each production mode three times in a row, you are much more likely to remember how to do it the next time you need it, rather than having to relearn it.
So remember the 3 x 3 Product Development method and you’ll have that product created in no time!